The links below are to websites that offer information related to New York sex offense laws, statistics and other related topics. All website listed below provided information only for the state of New York. The resources below are listed in no particular order. If you know of any other resources that should be added to the New York sex offender resource list, please contact us and let us know.
We do not certify, endorse, or control any of these external link. We do not certify accuracy, timeliness of information, and/or working of these links. Use of this information is voluntary and should be independently reviewed for accuracies.
Links will open in a new window.
State Register & Laws
- New York Public Sex Offender Registry – This is the New York Division of Criminal Justice official Sex Offender Registry database. It can be used to view information about a Sexual Offender.
- New York Public Sex Offender Registry FAQ – This is a site provided by the New York Division of Criminal Justice with Frequently Asked Questions in regards to the sex offender laws and rules in New York.
- New York Registration Laws – Information about the sex offender laws in more layman’s terms then many sites. This page is provided by The KLAAS Kids Foundation.
- New York State Sex Offender Registration Act – This page provides information for attorneys about the laws regarding sex crimes and sex offenders in the New York.
- Sex Offender Management Unit – On April 13, 2007, the Sex Offender Management and Treatment Act (SOMTA) became effective to enhance public safety by providing for the civil management of recidivistic sex offenders upon the expiration of their criminal sentence.
- Sex Offender Counseling and Treatment Plan Guidelines – The guidelines provided by New York State Office of Guidance and Counseling on treating and counseling sex offenders while under the jurisdiction of the NY DOC.
- The Counseling & Psychotherapy Center Inc. – The Counseling & Psychotherapy Center Inc. offers a variety of specialized sex offender treatment programs throughout the state of New York. Visit their website to find a location nearest you.
- New York State Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers – The New York State Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers, Inc. (NYSATSA) is a non-profit local chapter of the national parent organization (ATSA). ATSA remains dedicated to principles that foster research and information exchange, further professional education, and advance professional standards and practice in the field of sex offender evaluation and treatment.
- Capital District Coalition for Sex Offender Management – This is a report found on the NYSATSA website that provide information on counseling options with in New York. There are nearly 100 counseling services listed that offers services for juveniles and adults. Please view the report to find what services are available in your area. The report was created in 2005. (This is a .pdf file)
- Westchester Jewish Community Services – Westchester Jewish Community Services (WJCS) is a not-for-profit non-sectarian neighbor, helping people cope with and conquer the effects of mental, physical, social and educational deficits. They offer counseling to adult and juvenile sex offender and have varies offices though out New York. Please visit their website to find a location nearest to you.
- Linden Oaks Sexual Abuse Treatment Services – Linden Oaks Sexual Abuse Treatment Services, Rochester, New York is a private agency specializing in treatment, training and consultation for victims, offenders and families effected by sexual abuse.
- New York Reform Sex Offender Laws – We support the prevention of child abuse by laws that target violent, forced and dangerous predatory acts against children. We believe that the current laws unduly punish individuals, as well as their families and violate their civil rights. These laws encompass a wide range of offenders and require the same resources be used for those convicted of violent offenses and those whose offenses were neither violent, forced nor dangerous and in many cases there was no contact.
- Responding to Sexual Offenses: Research, Reason and Public Safety – A report by The Center for Community Alternatives on ways to better reduce sex offender reoffending rate. (This is a .pdf file)
- Rios Management and Consulting Services – Rios Management and Consulting Services offers consultation on how to start your own business and become self-employed.
- The Center for Community Alternatives – The Center for Community Alternatives (CCA) is a leader in the field of community-based alternatives to incarceration. Our mission is to promote reintegrative justice and a reduced reliance on incarceration through advocacy, services and public policy development in pursuit of civil and human rights. They are located in New York State.
- SOhopeful of New York – SOhopeful of New York advocates for effective sex offender laws which are based on fact rather than myth and hysteria.
- Facts about Megan’s Law and Sex Offenders in New York State – This site is maintained by C. David Hess and discusses issues related to sex offenders.
- Stop the Senate – Site to find out whom your state senator is and ways to contact him/her.
- Stop the House of Representatives– Site to find out whom your state House of Representative is and ways to contact him/her.
- Stop the Governor – Site to find out whom your state’s governor is and how to contact him/her.