The links below are to websites that offer information related to Ohio sex offense laws, statistics and other related topics. All website listed below provided information only for the state of Ohio. The resources below are listed in no particular order. If you know of any other resources that should be added to the Ohio sex offender resource list, please contact us and let us know.
We do not certify, endorse, or control any of these external link. We do not certify accuracy, timeliness of information, and/or working of these links. Use of this information is voluntary and should be independently reviewed for accuracies.
Links will open in a new window.
State Register & Laws
- Ohio Public Sex Offender Registry – This is the Ohio Attorney General official Sex Offender Registry database. It can be used to view information about a Sexual Offender.
Ohio Registration Laws – Information about the sex offender laws in more layman’s terms then many sites. This page is provided by The KLAAS Kids Foundation.
- Sex Offender classification and Treatment in Ohio Prisons – A report written in 2006 that discusses treatment, classification and other related topics in regards to sex offenders in the Ohio prison system. (This is a .pdf file)
- The Ohio Department of Youth Services – The Ohio Department of Youth Services school district provides educational programs and services to help youth develop competencies needed to re-enter their home communities as productive citizens. The ODYS school district is a chartered school district and serves students in grades 6 – 12. All adjudicated sex offenders or offenders committed on a sexually oriented offense are provided a sex offender assessment at Reception to determine the level of treatment need.
- The Marsh Foundation – The Marsh Foundation provides humane, effective behavioral health care to children, adolescents and their families in a variety of settings and modalities. They offer a program for treating adjudicated young male sexual offenders, ages 11 – 17. They are located in Van Wert, OH.
- Oesterlen’s Out Client Services – Oesterlen’s community based Sexual Abuse Trauma Treatment Program has evolved in response to an ever increasing need for comprehensive treatment for children, adolescents, and families who have experienced sexual abuse either through victimization or through sexually aggressive/ offending behaviors. Oesterlen’s Out Client Services provides a diverse range of services for boys and girls, ages 5 to 18 years, their families and referring agencies. They are located in Springfield, Ohio.
- Psych & Psych Services – Psych & Psych Services has been dedicated to providing the most effective and considerate mental health care available. Clients receive confidential, professional counseling, psychotherapy and treatment in the most caring and comfortable manner possible. They provide counseling options for adults and juvenile sex offenders.They are located in Elyria and Lakewood, Ohio.
- Unison Behavioral Health Group, Inc – Unison Behavioral Health Group, Inc offers group therapy for adults (both male and female) and juvenile sex offenders. They are located in Toledo, OH.
- The Youth Development Center – The Youth Development Center (YDC) is a therapeutic community-based residential program for teenage boys who suffer from emotional or behavioral disorders or who have been unsuccessful in other out of home placements. YDC also provides group and individual services for young men with a substantiated history of sexual offense. Services to this group are provided by certified sex offender therapists. They are located in Cincinnati, OH.
- Specialized Alternative for Families and Youths (SAFY) – Providing treatment to adolescent offenders to eliminate the risk to the community, SAFY Sexual Offender Program is designed for youth, both male and female, who have substantiated sexual abuse charges. Please visit their site to find which of their locations provide this service.
- Ohio RSOL – Ohio RSOL is our state affiliate organization for the RSOL (Reform Sex Offender Laws) network.
- Constitutional Fights – The purpose of Constitutional Fights website is to inform Ohio and United States citizens of Constitutional abuses by our elected officials and politicians. We will be silent no longer. We will hold these elected officials accountable for trampling Our Constitutional Rights!
- The Ohio Community Corrections Association – The Ohio Community Corrections Association (OCCA) offers to member community correction service providers the opportunity for advocacy and professional development, which enhances the ability to reduce repeat criminal offending.
- Ohio Justice and Policy Center – Ohio Justice and Policy Center (OJPC) is working for fair-minded, progressive reforms of Ohio’s criminal justice system. OJPC is involved in a number of lawsuits challenging the state’s sex offender residency restrictions.
- Sex offender Program Certification – The Ohio Departments of Rehabilitation and Correction (ODRC) and Youth Services (ODYS) adopted rules that create a process for the certification of sex offender and child-victim offender programs and rules that establish Advisory Boards to oversee the certification of these programs. This is a report that describe this information written by the Ohio Association of County Behavioral Health Authorities in 2008.
- One Fallen – Sex Offender Resource – Once Fallen is a resource and fact page on sex offender laws and issues, as well as a support and referral service for registrants and their families.
- Stop the Senate – Site to find out whom your state senator is and ways to contact him/her.
- Stop the House of Representatives- Site to find out whom your state House of Representative is and ways to contact him/her.
THE EXIT PROGRAM
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 233
Brice OH, 43109
Administrative Office: 897 Oakwood Ave.
Columbus, OH 43206
Private landlord that rents sleeping rooms to sex offenders; $385/month
Columbus, OH Rooms for Male Ex-Felons and Registered Persons (approved locations)
Shared bathroom and kitchen with Microwave and Refrigerator
Quiet area with same situation clients trying peacefully rebuild lives
Only $410-450 mo. plus deposit, Utilities Included, not a nursing home
Apply online at https://room4me.vpweb.com/ or text “APPLY” to 614-210-3808
Mail Address: P O Box 132447, Columbus Ohio 43213
Email Questions/Concerns: email@example.com
You can also download the application to fill out and fax by CLICKING HERE
GEM CITY HOUSING, LLC
Housing Unit address:
1501 Riverside Dr., Dayton OH 45405
Details: 14 unit building, 1 and 2 bedrooms, newly remodeled, free WiFi & hot water, Exclusive to registered citizens; VOA may be
able to help provide financial assistance to those who qualify. Baseboard heating, gas stoves, $30 flat fee for city water/ trash/ sewer.
Good Samaritan Home
John Graham – Director
Greenville OH 45331 Locations: 449 E. Third Street (4 male beds); 451 E. Third Street (5 male beds); 615 E. 4th Street (4 male
beds); 116 Ludlow Street (6 female beds)
Dayton OH 45405 locations: 2916 Main Street (55 male beds); 2654 N. Main Street; 231 E. Hillcrest Ave.; 22 & 24 Woodcrest Ave;
329 Ernst St. (8 male beds); 610 & 612 Fairview (9 male beds)
PO Box 382, Greenville, OH 45331
Ph: (937) 547-6337
Fax: (937) 548-5415
Mary Alice’s House
543 W. Elm Street, Lima, OH 45801
Ph: (419) 225-9830
Fax: (419) 227-9830
Accepts males and females
Preferred intake from following OH Counties: Allen, Auglaize, Hancock, Harding, Mercer, Paulding, Putnam, Shelby, Van Wert
P. O. Box 1501, Akron, Ohio 44309
Ph: (330) 996-2222 x 2670
Fax: (330) 761-9021
Email: Admissions@orianahouse.org or Juliehowe@orianahouse.org
Male offenders; No Tier IIIs (Cuyahoga and Summit); No Tier I and II that require community notification (Cuyahoga only); No
convictions for Murder, Rape or a felony against a minor (Cuyahoga only)