The links below are to websites that offer information related to Virginia sex offense laws, statistics and other related topics. All website listed below provided information only for the state of Virginia. The resources below are listed in no particular order. If you know of any other resources that should be added to the Virginia sex offender resource list, please contact us and let us know.
We do not certify, endorse, or control any of these external link. We do not certify accuracy, timeliness of information, and/or working of these links. Use of this information is voluntary and should be independently reviewed for accuracies.
Links will open in a new window.
2916 Chamberlayne Ave.
Richmond, VA 23222
Inby Lane MHP
4005 Inby Lane, Big Stone Gap, VA 24246
1500 Sherwood Ave.
Richmond, VA 23220
Reformed View Ministries
616 Whispering Willow Ct.
Virginia Beach, VA 23462-4738
8267 Strath Rd., Henrico VA 23231
804-508-0571 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
POC: Mrs. Walker or Mrs. Sykes; three houses for RCs outside Richmond
The following programs don’t provide housing but may offer leads on housing:
Offender Aid Restoration (OAR)
10640 Page Ave., No. 250, Fairfax, VA 22030, Phone: 703-246-3033
1400 N. Uhle St., Suite 704 Arlington, VA 22201, Phone: 703-228-7030
The Arlington location may have a list of apartments that will rent to RSO’s.
Safer Virginia, PO Box 4289, Richmond, VA 23220-8289
PO Box 2310, Vienna, VA 22183
703-272-362 or 703-242-6459 oe email: email@example.com
State Register, Laws & Information
- Virginia Public Sex Offender Registry – This is the Virginia State Police official Sex Offender Registry database. It can be used to view information about a Sexual Offender.
Virginia Sex Offender Frequently Asked Questions – Frequently Asked Questions regarding sex offense laws and the registration.
- Virginia Megan’s Law – Information about Virginia’s law in the State of Virginia in more layman’s terms then many sites. This page is provided by The KLAAS Kids Foundation.
- Assessing Risk Among Sex Offenders in Virginia – In 1999, the Virginia General Assembly requested the Virginia Criminal Sentencing Commission to develop a sex offender risk assessment instrument, based on the risk of re-offense, for integration into the state’s sentencing guidelines system. The report was published in 2001. (This is a .pdf file)
- Sexual Offending – A report written by the Virginia Commission on Youth about Juvenile sex offenders. It was published in 2007. (This is a .pdf file)
Support & Counseling
- The Institute for Family Centered Services – IFCS has earned the reputation for successfully serving families with the most challenging and difficult circumstances, utilizing powerful and rigorous interventions via intensive in home services to maximize community safety. They offer a treatment program for adult sex offenders and sex offender assessment. Please visit their site to find a location nearest to you.
- Shanandoah Valley Sex Offender Treatment Program – SVSOTP is a community-based outpatient treatment program for sex offenders, founded in 1985 by a group of area therapists with training and special interest in sex offender treatment. They are located in Harrisonburg, VA.
- Salveo Consulting – Salveo Consulting also provides services for individuals involved with the criminal justice systems, both juveniles and adults, perpetrators and victims. They are located in Manassas, VA.
- Offender Aid and Restoration of Arlington County, Inc – OAR is the leading provider of offender services in Arlington County and the Cities of Alexandria and Falls Church Virginia as well as Washington DC. Offender Aid and Restoration offers: Jail-based educational, therapeutic and career development programs; Supervised community service; Professional re-entry services; Employment counseling; A talented corps of community volunteers.
- Stop the Senate – Site to find out whom your state senator is and ways to contact him/her.
- Stop the House of Representatives- Site to find out whom your state House of Representative is and ways to contact him/her.
- Stop the Governor – Site to find out whom your state’s governor is and how to contact him/her.
Any .pdf file needs Adobe Reader to view. Click here to download Adobe Reader.
I am a registered sex offender in tidewater. 5 minutes of poor judgement has ruined the rest of my life. I have been turned down for Job after job. Have been chronicly homeless. Even most homeless shelters won’t allow you in! Without any family, or support network things are looking hopeless. I have contemplate suicide many times please is there any help
hi my husband is a registered sex offender and have been incarcerated for the past year he is due to get out in the next 2 months. I am trying to find housing for him in or around the Lynchburg / Roanoke Virginia area. Please help
Please if you get any information about housing information please reachout to help me. My boyfriend is a registered sex offender and i cant find housing! We are also expecting a child . Lynchburg area !
I am trying to find housing for myself and my husband in Norfolk. My husband is a registered sex offender and was denied entrance because where I am currently living is within 5 miles of a school. I am trying to find housing wishing Norfolk, Chesapeake, and or Virginia Beach. Please help.
Hi my husband was denied entrance into VA because my job relocated me to a house that is within five miles of schools. Is there anyway I can get help with housing for us within the Norfolk/Chesapeake/Virginia Beach Area
conviction in 2005, completed treatment and probation in 2008 required to register. interested in any permanent housing arrangement. currently renting in sc but open to other states. thank you
Looking for housing for my son and his girlfriend. He is a functional mental disabilities. He drives just has a low IQ. Please help if you can.
Hello Ma’am, If you would like to discuss your issue please call me. Maybe I can assist, I cant promise but I can ask the questions from my end.
Any1 on here ever get any responses on here from any1!? Please let me know need help I am in Prince Edward Area VA. INeeds help with a job & housing for him and likes not sure where to start please help him – Kari W😁
I’m in Roanoke va And looking for an apartment I’m a sex offender